We’ve seen a few online testimonials for how effective La Fountain Herbal’s all-natural insect repellant is. And who doesn’t want a safer insect repellant free of DEET and other harsh chemicals?
This husband-and-wife team, Tenaya and Rock, have been selling their organic bath and body products at Your Market for a few years now. They launched their home-based business in 2009 after moving to Portland from Seattle, where Tenaya had studied herbal sciences. Check out their site here!
La Fountain Herbal does a great job of creating a naturally great product:
- Certified organic herbs come from Oregon farms
- 100% essential oils (local company)
- No synthetic fragrances
- No unnatural preservatives
- No artificial colorants or dyes
- 100% free of chemicals or stuff hard to pronounce
- Our soy wax and Vitamin E oil are non-GMO
- 100% Non-GMO natural soy wax is grown in U.S.A
- Recycled paper used in labeling
- Gentle used packaging materials used in shipping
“Our appreciation for the plant world, better sustainability, diverse communities, local organic farming, and handmade goodies” lead Tenaya and Rock to sell their product line — soaps, creams, candles, etc. — via farmers markets, as well as via Etsy.com. And as a perusal of their Etsy page makes clear, all of their products get great customer reviews.
Check out their booth this Sunday, and you’ll understand when the team at La Fountain Herbal says that “strong connections to customers, artisans, and farmers and keeping business close to our backyard as we can get, is what we value the most.”